Friday, October 10, 2014

Spriggets

I'm working on a media project for a friend's pop-up Speak Easy. I'm making a mash-up of various silent horror movies. I used to make movie highlight videos using my dvd recorder and vcr but this is my first time actually attempting this digitally. It's going pretty well but I can tell it's going to be pretty time consuming so I have to be disciplined on working on it every day.





















Yesterday my one big goal was to paint my animal head pendents but I got an email that ACTS (local thrift store) was having a 40% off sale for three hours so I dropped everything and drove over. I already had a $10 off coupon so I was excited to comb through it and get some stuff. My favorite part about acts is that they bundle random art and craft supplies in bags for .79-$3 depending on what all is in it. I always end up with weird partially used supplies that I would normally never buy, but that's what makes them more interesting.







I had a dream last week that I was at this weird cheap grocery store, Not cheap in a questionable way, cheap in a totally unrealistic dreamworld kind of way. Everything in the store cost mere pennies. I bought a giant brownie from the baker for a few cents and she gave me a complimentary watercolor set, exactly like the one at the bottom of the picture. I've been wanting a dry palette like that, all my water colors are in tubes and I feel like I often misjudge how much I need and waste them. In that same dream I saw my Aunt. She was dressed kind of funny and wearing really shiny shoes. She was on her way to work so I went with her, which in my dreams was this place where Swedish inventions are tested called "Spriggets". It's like a stumbled into a Roald Dahl universe. It was nice, I'd like to go back.

Anyway, I got a whole bunch of stuff and wasted a huge chunk of the day shopping, which is the last thing I should be doing. So today my to-do list is massive. Starting with these bad boys...


























Will post pictures upon completion.

Why do thrift store candles always smell like Chantilly Ass? Why do I buy thrift store candles. All the time actually. I usually have one nice ass target candle going in the kitchen and forty miscellaneous old person candles in the bathroom.

Anyway, better "Start" my "day".


No comments:

Post a Comment