Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things I Like About Today...

I'm making Indian food for dinner. It's going to be a feast of sorts with saag paneer, mataar paneer and jal frezzie with chicken, potato, carrots and whatever other vegetable I can come up with. I'm not supposed to be eating dairy, but I still have some lactaid leftover from the wedding and paneer is basically my favorite food in the world. I've been fiending for some curry since we stopped our DJing gig at the Indian restaraunt.



























Along with getting the necessary ingredients from World Market and the Indo-Pak Market I did some light shopping which was fun and I didn't go too overboard. I finally found a rice paper sketch book. I've been looking for one since 2006 when I filled my last one. Rice paper is great for markers. With some cheap crayola washable markers you can make a drawing look like a water color painting. Especially if you add a few drops of water when you're finished. This one is extra awesome, it's quilted with Indian fabric on the cover. I also got some Chowards Violet mints. I always loved these. They taste so strange and lovely. I like the taste of sweet flowers.

















I plan on watching The Taste of Tea tonight. I've been really excited about this one!






















When I was driving today I put in and old mix and two songs by the Vanishing were on it. I haven't thought about them in a few years. They were really great. Not sure if they're still together but I know Jessie Evans does solo stuff now. I saw them with Glass Candy the summer I graduated high school. There were less than 10 people there. It was sad in a way that so many lamies didn't show but also awesome because it's like the performance was for us. I think I might have to bust out my Vanishing record on translucent purple vinyl! I always loved that record.




























I found this mascara at the Vietnamese dollar store today that is in the exact same bottle as Anna Sui's "Full Mascara". Pretty black curvy tube with a rose on top. I've had it before too, there's no doubt in my mind that it's the same bottle. The brand is "Role Rose", they must be a knock off. It's even in the same purple lettering. For a buck I decided to to give it a go. Either way, the tube is totally pretty and reminds be of the 30's.

I wonder if this stuff works...








































I'm really fair and lately I'm all about preserving my skin. They still make this stuff. I'm gonna have to track it down in Little India.

For the record I REEEEALLY like Dumpling/Darling Dynasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment