Sunday, August 29, 2010

Do you prefer Fashion Victim or Ensembley challenged?

I always felt a kinship towards Phyllis Diller, like we're somehow the same on some basic obnoxious female level. I have every intention of being like her when I'm a little old lady.


























Last night I dreamt that I got a job working with Klasky Csupo. Pretty much the great dream in the history of ever. All morning I've been wondering how impossible this dream may actually be to make a reality. I know exactly where the Klasky Csupo studios are, it's not far from where I'll be living. Surely they have some grunt work for a girl who's spent her whole life drawing monsters inspired by them.




























I've been looking at a lot of fashion blogs lately. Some are so great like White Lightning, who mixes amazing thrift store finds, cool records and videos with a big helping of humor. There are some other I'm coming across though that get on my nerves. Most of the posts aren't even about fashion just repetive pictures of the blogger. You can see a lot of ego in these types of blogs. I just want to look at fun clothes and fun-other-stuff.  Faces aren't fun unless they belong to Phyllis Diller.

I watched Clueless last week for a long time in WAY-TOO-FUCKING-LONG. In fact that's part of what inspired my last post. I haven't been able to stop thinking about a few things...

*the line when Elton (Jeremy Sisto) raises his hand in class and says "I can't find my Cranberries cd!"

*How cute Brittany Murphy was when she had boobs.

* And just in general, Ambular.


















What an underrated charcter. I'm so glad Elisa Donovan got to explore her a little more in the tv series. She did NOT get enough screen time in the movie. She had the funnest clothes and she was a great counterpart for Cher. I always felt like they really kind if liked eachother deep down but in that "Mean Girls" kind of way.


Just because I can't think about anything else here's an obligatory wedding update:

Spent ALLLL yesterday at my Mom's painting. I painted the rafters of the loft while watching "The Pregnancy Pact" a wonderfully awful Lifetime movie about teenage girls making an agreement to all get pregnant at the same time. How HORRIBLE! Umm...I still need shoes and some make-up from Ulta. We also need to finish our wedding playlist/mix. Things are coming along though. I'm only mildly freaked out.

That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment