Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's try this again...

I've been in lame mode all day. For the past couple of weeks really. My priorities are all out of whack right now. I think it's because I'm usually relatively carefree and as irresponsible as one can be within the confines of adulthood and with everything that's going on it's just not possible right now. I feel out of sorts when movies or crafting aren't my sole existence. It's like I feel an even stronger urge to goof off.


















I want to get lost in a hobby but it's not an option right now, though I'm inadvertently fighting it. I gotta admit though, being a bride has given me an excuse to get some nice things that I normally deny myself because I spend every penny on media and art supplies. I bought some Benefit and Urban Decay make-up today when we went to get Arthur's shoes. I'm especially happy about this purchase...


























I've really been needing something foundation-esque and this is exactly my skin color and it blends perfectly. Not greasy but it doesn't dry me out either. It's pretty much perfect. I've always have a hard time with foundation because I'm really fair and I need very light coverage. Nothing too thick, nothing too cakey or wet, pastey is bad. Basically when I put something all over my face I usually don't like it. It shouldn't be a problem but it always is for me. I have pretty good skin and really just need something sheer to smooth my face out. I usually default to just using powder because it's easier to find light translucent powder. It can be kind of drying though. There's so much room for error with liquid foundation. I've never been able to do drugstore foundation. It's always either too this or too that. And unlike high end brands crap like Maybeline and even Loreal will make my ass break out (my face, not my ass).  Last time I bought foundation my town didn't have an Ulta, which is pretty much life changing when I can afford to shop there. I LOVE Benefit. I haven't tried everything, but every product that I've used, I've loved. Somehow I've made the Benetint I bought when I was 17 years old last all this time! I STILL use it!! The bottle is down to the last quarter, SHIT, that's seven years! I don't use it every day but I use it more often than any other lip color (which I rarely wear anyway). THIS is perfect and I love it. I read mixed reviews for it but I think it's light and basic, which is exactly what I need from a foundation.

I also got Urban Decay's Eden Primer Potion which I was told by a trusted friend that it will make even cheap eyeshadow stay on vibrantly like the good stuff. I'm pretty much in love with it already.

Ghod I'm so boring these days. Don't worry, I'm about 10 pounds away from being obsessed with clothes again. Then another 10 from being a complete vapid egomaniac. Quitting dairy was the best thing that ever happened to me (and worst).




























Seriously though, if I don't watch a fucked up movie soon I may lose it. Spermula anyone?? I can't wait until I get Haseena Atom Bomb! I'm semi-freaking-out about that. I still can't quite believe it. I've been searching for it for YEARS. So yeah, at some point in the hopefully near future you'll be seeing a review for this on my other blog...



























Until then I guess I'll just keep being lame.

3 comments:

  1. I love Benefit, too! It's definitely my top fave make-up brand. They have a new cheek stain called PoseyTint that's like Benetint, but it's pink rather than redish. I love it so much. They also have the best eye shadows and lipsticks. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Benefit, too! Best eye shadows and lipsticks, and now they have Posey Tint, which is like Benetint but pink-er. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to get posey tint! I might actually run to Ulta tonight after we finish up at Moms and get some!

    ReplyDelete